Toronto, Canada.

Toronto, Canada.

Friday 27 February 2015

Toronto Neighbourhoods



Finding YOUR Neighborhood in Toronto


  

Thinking about moving to Toronto? 
It is such a diverse city with so much to offer that figuring out which part of the city best suits your lifestyle can be a pretty challenging task. I have spent the past few months exploring different neighbourhoods within Toronto, weighing positives against negatives and coming to terms with what I value most in my own life during the process (ex. walking our dog safely).  I am excited to say that my partner and I have finally narrowed down the search to three unique and engaging corners of Toronto. We have a cottage near Parry Sound and family in Niagara, so there was no question that based on accessibility Central down town or the West end would be the way for us to go (my sympathies go out to those of you who battle the Don Valley Parkway). Although if we were looking in the East end the Danforth or the Beaches would have been at the top of that list. These are our top three locations and why we love them. 
Next step, get a realitor! 

We love Bloor West Village. We find ourselves in the area almost every weekend because it's out of the down town core, and it's so close to High Park that we can bring Oliver (our dog) grab a coffee and spend the afternoon exploring. This community is on the Subway line so getting to work won't be a TTC battle like it is on King West (too many people, not enough street cars). Plus the shops and restaurants in the area are wonderful and add small town charm to this community within a big city. 

This area is upscale, on the Subway line, and close to lots of shopping. I love shopping so this could be a positive or a negative depending on who you're talking to haha. It is close to work (we are both right down town) and central to most events happening in Toronto making getting around the city a breeze. 

Who does't love the look of the Distillery District? Also... lofts. We love lofts, and this area is known for them. It is a bit quieter than where we are now (Think Spadina) and there are some great coffee shops and pubs in the area - plus the events that go on in the Distillery District (like the Christmas Market) are always a blast. 

I will let you know what we decide!
And to all of you looking to move within the city, happy hunting!

Talk soon,    
Alexis



10 comments:

  1. So smart of you to think about the impact a neighbourhood can have. I wish I had done the same when I moved to Toronto. Awesome post that I'll remember next time I'm making a move!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so want to visit and explore Toronto someday!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I would really enjoy living in Toronto. It offers everything that you could ever need and more. With that being said, many factors would come into play if I ever decide to move there. Price is pretty important but location is the big one. I have friends who live across from a park in Toronto that has some sketchy characters hanging out there. I want something where I can access the downtown easily but not have to worry about that super fast-paced life.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Yorkville, but Bloor street shopping is dangerous for me haha

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is great, Alexis! I haven't spent much time in Toronto, but I love it when I do go! It's great to see a few areas of it broken down and described for someone as sheltered as myself ahahah

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm moving to Toronto in June so this post is definitely so helpful! Thanks for all the great info and I'll for sure be referring back to your blog once I do move! Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the insight into all the different neighbourhoods in Toronto - after reading this i'd have to say the Distillery District would be my choice hands down, simply because of the fact of getting a loft - also love them and the creative feel they give! Great post - can't wait to see where you guys end up and to come visit :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like you've found your neighbourhood (Bloor West!) and are hunting for the apartment!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have visited Toronto as a tourist. It will be fun to stay and work there

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'd love to live in the Distillery district. I just need coffee shops and I'd be happy.

    ReplyDelete